saw '05 G.C...

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E about sums up this gawkey looking p.o.s. From the back it looks much like an Aztec...the gas tank hangs down below the driver's seat..(duhh) ..it has the same 2 cast iron tuna cans hanging on the rear end as that other mistake, the liberty has...there area 2 tapered sled runners...or; something...running from the "axle" (huh?) to the rear bumper area....maybe they're to help the vehicle slide down rocks or something? The over-all styling is a mish-mash; of bl0bs and slabs and bumps that have absolutely no continuity. In short, it makes AMC's spiffy ZJ design look even more spectacular. Jeep, and its concept, is dead..except for AMC's Wrangler design which is still more or less intact, except for that goofy, ill-fitting dash that was heisted from another vehicle. Alas, Jeep is now a foreign vehicle, and foreign it certainly looks. Krysler said its goal is to make "Jeeps" more car-like. They're;succeeding. As I've said before, Chrysler does not know what a jeep is, and what a jeep is for. And it certainly shows. I'm guessing this vehicle will have wide appeal among the intelliduncia.

Reply to
attnews

attnews did pass the time by typing:

That was my opinion. However the local Jeep dealer is offering a free stopwatch/compass thingy (and food) to go see one, so what the heck. :)

Exactly what they are there for. To keep from ripping off the rear bumper. Too bad they don't extend far enough to actually work.

I looked at the dash and wondered what vehicle they stole it from.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
attnews

Bravo! I looked at my local dealer's first one on the lot this AM. It has your basic go-to-the-market, bland SUV look, no ground clearance, the fuel tank is ahead of the rear axle, and hangs BELOW the unibody side rails.(..DUH!!!!) Plus it has the spare under the vehicle, and some stupid looking runners on either side running to the rear x-member. Same stupid, low hanging lower A-arms as the liberty, but also has a front air dam that will get torn off on the first rocky trail. The x-fer case lever is gone, replaed by electric switches (I suppose we should be grateful it still has a transfer case.) Nope, not a Jeep.

Two Jeep Models are now gone, replaced by bullshit: Cherokee and Grand. One more to go before this brand is toast: Good Work Daimler!!!!!

Reply to
Jerry McG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
Dick

Dick did pass the time by typing:

Nope. I only took some underside shots since the body work is widly available out on the web. That and I spent too much time gawking at the Ford GT. :)

Ooooo Ahhhh.. Daddy want, but daddy no havum that much cabbage.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Stupid write up that contradicts itself ...

"Quadra-Drive II is the pinnacle of the 4WD systems.... In other words,

100% power can be sent to one wheel if it is needed"

"IFS handles better on the road - where the vehicle will spend most of its life.I bet you can count on one hand the number of times you've ever seen a WJ Grand Cherokee on a serious trail. I know I can. So what does it matter anyway?"

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Last Spring at the Moab Easter Jeep Safari the SevenMile RIm trail was lead by a guy in an '01 WJ. We see them all the time off road around here. DC has really screwed the dog on this POS.

Reply to
Jerry McG

I totally agree. The last redesign in 99 had perfect tweaks in the right direction. Now it looks like a cross between a Mazda and Explorer. Almost in the direction of the Cadilac SUV which has to be the ugliest SUV on the road.

Jeep really had a unique machine.

I have a 2002. My neighbor on a lake can't tow his 2000lb boat out of the water with his Expedition (it will just dig itself into the sand). I can tow my 4500lb boat out of the water with my 4.0L G.C. No problem (all stock).

It gets decent mileage too and I don't feel that guilty for it being over kill. It was perfect, good looking and very capable. I still get complements on it from folks when it's all cleaned up.

I'm so bummed, I'm tempted to try to find a 2004 left over.

What they should have done is fine tune crash zone stuff for better crash tests, maybe introduce the anti rollover tricks other companies have and minor style tweaks. They did have to do a few things to stay competive. But they really blew it.

I hate the under the carriage spare tire.

I hope Chrysler loses there shirt on it due to climbing gas prices.

Reply to
George Mills

Reply to
mic canic