Seat belt problem

95 XJ Sport

The spring mechanism seems to have broken in the seat belt latch. There is no tension on the release button anymore, and the (?) catch plate inside the buckle stays in the released position. I can sometimes make it latch by jiggling the clasp around, but it's not easy. What makes this more annoying is it's the DRIVERS buckle :(

Is there a way to fix this, or will I need to replace it?

TIA

noneofyourbusiness

You will need to replace it. Ours did the same. At least there are tons of XJ's in the wreckers for cheap ones with the right colour cover even...

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain