Security Alarm 91 XJ

I'm working on a 91 XJ fully loaded.

The previous owner mentioned to me that someone had tried to break in and now there is a problem with the driver's door lock and the alarm system. I have the fob but every time I open a door, the alarm goes off. How do you disable this thing?

I haven't bought the FSM yet but my Haynes manual indicates that there is a "security alarm module" (page 12-29). It indicates there is a 30A CB and and a 10A fuse for the power door locks which I like. I would like to keep the PDW and disable the alarm. Where is the security alarm module and can I just remove or disable it?

Merrill

Reply to
merrill

First off it's probably the switch that goes on the back of the driver side door lock. That switch disarms the system when you use your key in the door. It might simply be disconnected. Got to get in there to see.

(for the 93 ZJ) The SAM is linked to the cars compooter. Pull the SAM fuse and the Jeep won't start. Farily sure that would happen if you pulled the module, never tried it. On my jeep it's in the overhead console above the sensors plastic bubble.

Reply to
DougW

That would be the keyless entry receiver. SAM in a 93 ZJ is behind the glove box. Don't remember where the XJ one is. And yes, remove the SAM and the PCM never gets the 'OK to run' message.

Reply to
bllsht

Thank you. If I'm lucky it may be as simple as a disconnected or broken switch.

Merrill

DougW wrote:

Reply to
merrill

I'm betting they tried to use a "slim-jim" to open the door and pushed the connector off.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks Doug.

There is no physical damage to the door, so I'm betting you are right.

Or as pete Rose would say: "if I was a betting man ......."

Merrill

There is DougW wrote:

Reply to
merrill