Sedona Jeep Trails

will be heading to Sedona for vacation in the fall.....have a 2001 Grand Cherokee 4x4 I have drug from deep sandy beaches of Galveston to 14000 footers around Telluride and the slick rock of Moab....would really appreciate some pointers and possible web sites on jeep trials in and around Sedona area...never been there but the Sedona web sites are loaded with jeep rental places out there like Moab so there gots to be some fun things to jeep around to.....thanks very much to any and all replys !!!

Reply to
DR Ranch

When you get there go to the local Pink Jeep company. (Or any Jeep tour outfit.) Get one of their brochures and then go to a local gas station and ask how to get to the trails. Try Broken Arrow. Go out to one of the indian ruins, I believe the name is Honanki. Try Rattlesnake if Brioken arrow didn't scare you enough. You can probably do Broken Arrow even if you are not a rock crawler. Just go slow and have a look out/spotter. (My rule of thumb, keep the tires on the gournd and don't spin them. It will give you good experience. Also the trip up Schnebley Hill is wonderful for sites and very easy for any jeeper. Ther road is just plain rough. But the views are terrific. Have fun. Wish I could take the time and show you around.

Look for a book called "Backcounty Adventures-Ariz>will be heading to Sedona for vacation in the fall.....have a 2001 Grand

Reply to
James Gemmill