seen on ebay: the bumper mobil!

LOL, "be prepared for attention anywhere with this thing" Take a look at it, I suspect the attention he mentions is something akin to the old saying "they're not laughing _with_ you".

ugh!

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Looks like he ran into a jungle gym... Hope the kids are ok..

"Simon Juncal" wrote in message news:W_KdnV3Ces6idnbenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net...

Rusted

Jeep's "Brokeback Mountain Edition"?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Ok the asshatt spent how much money on all that crap and it doesn't even have a lift... if you want a low rider buy a toy...

Reply to
Utahcherokee01

Stupendous Man did pass the time by typing:

DougW

As yet another perfect example of why you should NEVER let your brother in law, the pipe fitter smoke weed and then offer to help you build a brush guard.

KJK

"Simon Juncal" wrote in message news:W_KdnV3Ces6idnbenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net... : LOL, "be prepared for attention anywhere with this thing" : Take a look at it, I suspect the attention he mentions is something akin : to the old saying "they're not laughing _with_ you". : :

: ugh! : : -- : Simon : "I may be wrong, but I'm not uncertain." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Reply to
KJ.Kate

How the hell would you open the bonnet ? Or hood as you call it ? That ugly

3Ks worth of scrap scaffold pole must weigh a ton - look at the difference between the front and rear wheel arches. Shame to think that actual cash changed hands.

Dave

Dave Milne

Look at the front horizontal bar, just above the headlights. It appears to have a pivot or joint of some sort to allow it to swing forward and give access to the hood (isn't a bonnet a pioneer ladies hat? HA) I am sure that was an expensive addition to the vehicle, it does look professionally finished.. But it seems really dumb to A) pay that much for that work, and B) to make a nose cone for a jeep that never sees dirt, and C) not put the money into a roll cage and lift

Rusted

It looks as though it has slip-joints on the inner attachments (sure to rattle if it ever found a dirt alley), and some kind of disconnect latches on the outer tubes so it can pivot up and forward. I can't see any use for it going over the good, and this from a guy who has built a full guard and risers to protect the windshield from branches,

It might be useful for hauling a buck, but you would need a periscope to see where you are going.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

And the thing ain't even unique! I saw the exact same fugly thing on another jeep in a magazine.

noneyabusiness

: >KJK : : And the thing ain't even unique! : I saw the exact same fugly thing on another jeep in a magazine.

No freaking way! You mean there are TWO idiots out there that would put that on a Jeep.

*sigh* That's a darn shame. Was it on the Joke pages or was it just an article?

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

It was in a "readers rigs" section of a magazine. It's at a friends house at the moment, and I can't recall the name or issue # :(

noneyabusiness

Reply to
FrankW

Of course at, 2800 dollars there's going to sell those ridiculous contraptions to every sucker that's willing to buy one.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Geeze, at that price, maybe I should get hubs to start making some.

"Simon Juncal" wrote in message news:N5ydnYBFqaFKGm3enZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net... : FrankW wrote: : > Last weekend I just saw a yellow jeep with : > a very similiar brush guard on that TV show "Trucks". : : Of course at, 2800 dollars there's going to sell those ridiculous : contraptions to every sucker that's willing to buy one. : : -- : Simon : "I may be wrong, but I'm not uncertain." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Reply to
KJ.Kate