Signal Light Problems

Hi Folks, I have a 93 Wrangler YJ and am having a weird signal light problem. If you signal right everything works normally, but if you signal left the left lights come on as well as the right signals dimly. I have switched the front right socket as it looked a bit nasty as well as the turn signal switch but haven't had any luck yet. Any ideas ??

Reply to
zander

That is the symptom of a bad ground in the taillight fixture or a broken bulb.

The taillight fixtures ground via the bolts that hold them onto the body and when that ground goes bad, the brake and signal bulb steals a ground through the running lights. It is the running or parking lights you are seeing flash on the other side.

Sometimes the glass can fall out of the brass base on the bulb itself which can cause it too.

Mike

Mike Romain

What Mike said. And, most of the troubles seem to come from the tail light assembly ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Went through every ground I could find and it has fixed the problem. Not sure which one wasn't the best but its all better now. Thanks for the input.

Reply to
zander