Siphoning gas into my TJ....

I recently blew the engine on my old Nissan farm truck... unfortunatly, it had a full tank of good gas that I hate to waste! I'd like to siphon it out and use it, or at least most of it, in my TJ. Any tricks to this? I was gonna see if the parts store had a screen I could run it through to catch anything big that got sucked up but otherwise just either siphon it to cans and then dump it over to the Jeep or else just go straight from one to the other.

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

another way and certainly safer is to buy a fuel primer bulb for outboard motors, attach some hose to either end and pump away. Check out you local autoparts place as they may sell something similar all ready made up.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

If it's a rice burner, why are you talking about getting the gasoline out?

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Cheapo plastic pump for a couple bucks at the parts store. That, or unhook/cut the fuel line on the import, turn the igniton on and let it pump the gas into a can for you.

Reply to
Will Honea

If you are pulling from the tank and into a can, then going into the Jeep, why not just put one of your wife's knee-high panty hose on the end of the hose that goes into the can? This should catch all of the big chunks for you ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I have used a funnel and a basket style coffee filter with success to clean suspect gas.

Mike

Jeff Olsen wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Oh man I recently saw a salted Jeep.... What a mess, every part of the fuel system was rotted beyond repair.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

If it's a Nissan, and not a Datsun, it probably has an electric fuel pump. Just extend the fuel hose from the carb into the jeep's tank, and jump it.

Reply to
Paul Calman

If you are pulling from the tank and into a can, then going into the Jeep, why not just put one of your wife's knee-high panty hose on the end of the hose that goes into the can? This should catch all of the big chunks for you ...

Reply to
Bill Helton

Thank goodness for Japanese engineering! If nothing else they got Detroit to pull their heads out and start making quality vehicles.

-jeff

in article snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, L.W. Hughes III (ßill) at snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote on 3/16/05 3:09 PM:

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Paul Calman at snipped-for-privacy@trap.com wrote on 3/16/05 6:01 PM:

It is a Nissan, and it does indeed have an electric fuel pump. Interesting idea. It does have throttle body injection so there's a pressure regulator up there and some other stuff other than just an obvious fuel line but I bet I could figger it out. Or just come right off the fuel pump.

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

check your mail Bill, I sent you a few pics of the floor in my XJ (before the repair)

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

LOL! No worries there man, I have 'no' floor boards under there at all right now to worry about.....

Another project that 'friends' were supposed to help me with.... They are now starting to realize I quit being so helpful. No more help from Mikey for some strange reason....

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

The fact that your wife's chunks don't hit the ground proves my point. ;-)

If pantyhose work, then why doesn't it catch my wife's big chunks? They still seem to be there when she is done... (Bless her heart.)

BH

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to