Sirius Satellite Radio

Anyone have an opinion-I think it's crap. Mine was pre-installed with one free year. They seem to just play "B" sides.

Skyslider

2008 Liberty Ltd.
Reply to
Skyslider

This is just my personal opinion. I had XM for two years. I switched over to Sirius when I bought a different vehicle. I hated it. Switched back to XM after about 3 months. I listen to it for the comedy channels, and newstalk. XM has the programming that I like best.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Last I heard, Sirius and XM are supposed to merge. I think that would be great. But in my case, I'm dropping my account. Not that I'm dissatisfied. Work is only 10 minutes away. Not worth the money for listening a total of

20 minutes a day. Other than that, I like the programming.

Reply to
John

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

My wife and I both have Sirius. I listen to ch 16 (The Vault) for old rock classics you won't hear on the regular radio any more. My wife listens to mostly the old 50's channel. What I *don't* miss is morning talk radio and 15 minutes of commercials every hour that seems to be the way corporate radio is programmed now-a-days. Hell, I even move my receiver over to the bike when I go for a ride.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

I live in a rural area where all we get are country and religion. I love having Sirius because I can go as far as I want and still listen to the same station. I have my favorites- Blue Collar - Laugh and 118, Old time radio... I love having a variety of music I can listen to but seriously wonder why they waste so much air time to that POS Howard Stern.

I wouldn't be without it. Oh AND with Sirius I can listen at home from my computer. Not all of the stations are available, but the music is.

Kate

My wife and I both have Sirius. I listen to ch 16 (The Vault) for old rock classics you won't hear on the regular radio any more. My wife listens to mostly the old 50's channel. What I *don't* miss is morning talk radio and 15 minutes of commercials every hour that seems to be the way corporate radio is programmed now-a-days. Hell, I even move my receiver over to the bike when I go for a ride.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Kate

One mans music is another mans noise i.e., Howard Stern fans, are probably wondering why the quality of music they play on Sirius is mostly crap. As for why Howard Stern, it was he who promoted Sirius to his listeners for almost two years while finishing up his terestrial radio contract. How many devoted listeners followed over from terestrial to sat radio could be debated, but it's probably why XFM is merging with Sirius, and not vice verse. For me, I plug in my iPod, and I listen to what "I" want to listen to, and not what "they" think I should listen to. I have over 10 straight days of stuff on my Pod. Added bonus is I can take it on a plane, or listen to it while I wait for that delayed flight that may or may not get me to my next destination! :)

Eric

Reply to
Eric