Ski rack for soft top TJ

I have been assigned the task of finding a Ski rack for dad's TJ. First thought was receiver hitch, but he doses not have one.

so Next . . .

Any thought on the over the tire kind, I know mopar has one, but I am sure there proud of it. Any one have luck w/ another kind? Buddy in Highschool had two flat soft magnates that he put on the roof of his car and that might work on the hood, but I have never seen them for sale.

any thoughts? Need it to require as few tools as possible, that would be great, I think I will Ratchet strap them to the spare if I cant find anything, any thoughts? Were only talking a 20 min jury not a 2 day pilgrimage.

As always thanks,

Reply to
Evan

L.W.(ßill)

The skis take a real beating on a spare tire mount rack.

The sand and salt from the road will make your skis ugly fast. Rusted edges, rough bases.

I stopped using mine a few years ago when I bought Volant skis (steel cap) and they were rusted by the time I got home from a trip.

Reply to
MaryJo Kopechne

Thanks, That's what I needed to know.

83 CJ 8, a work in progress