Slight clunk?

When I'm sitting in park, I can hear a slight clunk, clunk sound from under the Jeep. If I grab the 2/4 lever and pull it into 4WD, the clunk is gone. Is this easy to reach and tighten or do I need to borrow my brother's garage?

-Scott

'97 TJ SE

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

Apples and oranges. The park position stops all movement forward of the transfer gears. Your clunking may be a bad motor mount letting the exhaust pipe or driveshaft hit the skid plate God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@billhughes.com

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III