Slight Miss or hesitation

My '89 4.2 6 cycl. Wrangler has developed a slight miss or hesitation when the vehicle is in drive sitting still, brakes applied say waiting for the light to change or stopped for some other reason, but even stranger yet, only when the headlights are on, any other time everything is smooth. Has me totally puzzled. Any help would be appreciated. RPM's are about 600-650.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Dow

L.W.(ßill)

Located exactly where?

jack

Reply to
Jack Dow

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
Jeepster

LOL!

You took the words right out of my mouth!

It is a mesh strap that goes from the driver's side rear of the head to the firewall.

It supplies power to the lights and ignition module and computer. Put the brakes on with the headlights and not enough juice can be left for a good spark signal from the ignition module or computer.

An alternator going bad can also pull down the power going to the coil, but you should also see a dead battery really soon or a volt gauge going all over the place.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks everyone. Found the ground strap loose at the firewall. Tightened and problem solved. What a group. Never fails.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Dow