Something binding slow speed 4wd

When I put my 2000 JGC V-8 into full time 4WD, it works fine. But when I go back to 2WD and I am cornering tight at slow speed, it's like someone put the brakes on. Never noticed this until a Jeep dealer did a complete brake job last summer. They replaced rotors and drums and pads. Could something be binding down there. If I drive it straight for awhile, it goes away.

Reply to
Chris Lamb

I would be checking wheel bearings out I think.

Mike

Mike Romain

I am not that knowledgeable, but here's a laymans guess. Possibly your

4wd is not disengaging and driving a bit more may cause it to finally disengage. Possible?

Chris Lamb wrote:

Reply to
Joe and Joann

Sounds about right. Wife would complain about the same thing. You need to be moving when shifting and even get on the power a little after the shift for it to disengage fully. Read this right in the owner's manual.

Reply to
hdd