Sometimes TJ A/C stops working

I have a 98 TJ Sport with A/C. Most of the time I don't have any problems with my A/C and it keeps things nice and cool. However, a few times it has stopped working while driving. I can tell that the clutch is not coming on. It will usually start working again if I turn the Jeep off for a minute or so. Two times it has happened while pulling my boat. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Gary H

The a/c system is designed to kick the compressor off if you are approaching wide-open-throttle.

Reply to
Clem

Reply to
Lon Stowell

I don't know if that is the case or not. The problem is that it doesn't cut back on.

Reply to
Gary H

I doubt the engine is overheating but I will look for that if it happens again. I'll look into the items you mentioned. Thanks.

Reply to
Gary H

I have a 00TJ which started exhibiting similar symptoms. I found that the electrical connector to the blower was loose. Access is from aft of the battery in the engine compartment.

Reply to
Dalewhite