Speaker Fuzz

2005 liberty. 64K miles. High end factory multi-CD changer. Left door speaker (not Infinity) has low end buzz. Kind of a blapping sound on very low notes. I think the voice coil is shot. Anybody have any thoughts on a replacement? Mike Simmons? How about the cost of factory replacement?

Ed Dowdy Fithian IL

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy

Should that not be a warranty issue?

If not, the auto wreckers around here take out stereos and speakers lots of time or there are 'you pick it' parts places that sell them cheap.

Unless I was changing them in sets, I would stay OEM.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > 2005 liberty. 64K miles. High end factory multi-CD changer. Left door
Reply to
Mike Romain

Warranty? :) I wish. Had new U-joints put in it last week. No grease zerks in the originals... I agree OEM should be it.

Ed

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy

If it isn't warranty, I would recommend Crutchfield. They have a very diverse line of replacement, direct bolt in, good quality stuff.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Thanks! I see I need a powered speaker...

Ed

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy

I wouldn't think that you need a powered speaker. What gave you that thought ?

James

Reply to
James

Because the website I went to said this application requires a speaker with a power amp. It supplies amplification for the front and rear speakers. Otherwise a new system must be installed.

Ed

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy

Didn't the 05 Libby come with a 7/75 warranty? MINE did.... not that I kept it long enough to use it.

If it were me, I'd buy a new set of speakers. Replace both of them. I hear that Clarion makes some that sound pretty good, fit perfectly and are reasonably priced.

Ya might want to turn the bass down on that ratt music - WEG

K.

2005 liberty. 64K miles. High end factory multi-CD changer. Left door speaker (not Infinity) has low end buzz. Kind of a blapping sound on very low notes. I think the voice coil is shot. Anybody have any thoughts on a replacement? Mike Simmons? How about the cost of factory replacement?

Ed Dowdy Fithian IL

Reply to
Kate

Nah... This one was 3/36. I have 7/70 on my 05 Dodge truck. But it is only power train after 3/36.

Ed

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy

Your welcome, I've used them tons of times and they always get it right as far as my experience has been.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Oh man.. that bites! Hope ya get it fixed Ed!

K.

Ed

Reply to
Kate

I moved the fade to the back. It sounds pretty good now. Till I get the parts to fix it.

Ed

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy

Before you spend money make sure that (a) it hasn't gotten loose in its mount and (b) that a plugged drain hole or leaky seal hasn't allowed some part of the wiring to the audio system to get soaked.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Thanks! I'll check that out.

Ed