speed chanel, jeep commander

ho hum.

Mindless droning about how great they work off road.. off road on a fripping gravel road that is.

Heck, I can drive a Geo Metro off-road like that.

They keep saying they will be putting it through the paces in real off-road.

Reply to
DougW

DougW proclaimed:

Someone took one to Moab [Autoweek?] and compared it to the Grand Cherokee. I'd be more impressed if I hadn't used an MGB and Corvair on some of the same terrain when the BIL's Jeep wasn't available.

Reply to
Lon

Lon did pass the time by typing:

The most off-road they put it though was a low water crossing (not even up to the rims) and some wash-out dirt road ruts. I've had my ZJ on harrier stuff than that.

The vid I captured is some 177M so putting it up isn't an option. Possibly I can edit it down to a few seletive clips later today/tomorow.

Reply to
DougW

Would there be interest in creating a private network so this type of stuff could be shared?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Would there be interest in creating a private network so this type of stuff could be shared?

If you have an availabe broadband link I can d/l it.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Billy Ray did pass the time by typing:

I just need to edit it down a bit. The vid capture card was never set for files to post, just to slap on a usb drive and drag around.

That and it's mostly boring dirt-road dust-trail stuff.

Reply to
DougW