SpeedNetwork Testdrive Episode about new Wrangler

Just caught this episode this afternoon. They took a pair of the new Unlimited Rubicons down the Rubicon Trail. Interesting feature on the new Rubi, you can remotley disconnect the front swaybar at speeds up to 18mph in

4WD. Once you go over 18MPH it automatically re-connects. The show played like an hour long commercial. They claim the new jeep has more HP and torque than previous years. I'm just not a fan of the new look, although 4 doors can come in handy...

Jerry S.

Reply to
Jerry Slaughter

If you want a 4 door just get a Grand Cherokee. It is smaller and lighter.

Reply to
billy ray

I like my TJ just fine. Besides, 3 more payments and she's free and clear.

JS

Reply to
Jerry Slaughter

I dunno... electric sway bar? I'll stick with ye olde metal pins on mine. Plus I'm smart enough to know to put them back on when on the road. :)

Saw that. I'm still not that impressed as all they tackled was basic dirt-n-rocks. My ZJ can do that plus a suprising bit more. Even with open diffs and quadratrack.

One of these days I may put in a limited slip spool in the rear. But up till now a bit of brake has worked just fine.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Do Real Jeeps have steering dampers ? I can't tell from that pic.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I saw one of those new four door Wanglers today and I was disappointed. One of the things I didn't like about the Unlimited is it looks kind of off, the proportions are wrong. From the pictures it looked like the four door fixed that but it didn't. At this point I'm not sure if it's worse or the same, but it still doesn't look right.

Jeff DeWitt

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt