Speedometer Gear

After adding 4.88 gears and 35" tires to a 78 CJ-7, the speedometer is way out of whack. I can find tons of places on the net telling me to change out the speedometer gear, but I have not been able to find a place to buy the actual gear. Does anyone know a place that sells replacement spedometer gears for Dana 20 transfer cases? Any help would be appreciated.

Barry,

Barry

I got one for a CJ Dana 300 and a TJ at the local Jeep dealer... about $23 each.

Reply to
JimG

Same here, 81 CJ7.

Reply to
Greg

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Right... not in stock. They ordered them... took a couple days to come in.

JimG

Reply to
JimG

Thanks for the Info, I'll call the dealer

Reply to
Barry