Speedometer gear tooth count...

for a 91 YJ with 4.11's and 33's. Some online charts say 34 tooth, same say 36. Anyone have hands on experience for this one?

Reply to
JimG

Do you have a GPS? I checked the charts for mine and they said either

31 or 32 teeth (I've got 3.54's and 31's). So what I did was checked my actual speed with the GPS, and divided my actual speed by the speed indicated on the speedo. There was a 10% difference. My old gear was a 27 tooth, so 27 teeth plus 10% = 30. I got the 30 tooth and my speedo is exactly dead on.
Reply to
Jeff