squeek squeek.

The unibelt is driving me nuts.

Only happens when it's humid and the squeaking goes away if I touch a bar of soap to the belts edge.

That tells me it is binding on a pulley or something isn't quite aligned correctly. General wiggle of all the bits didn't turn up anything except maby the PS pump. Problem is the squeek comes from the left over by the AC/Alternator and the PS pump is on the other side.

This almost acts like the old V belt pulleys when they wear out and the belts start to stick. Problem is serp pulleys are basically flat.

The tension is correct and even going tighter or looser doesn't seem to have any effect.

Right now I'm thinking the little grooves that keep the belt running true are wearing and allowing it to drift. Gonna order a new belt anyway... :/

Reply to
DougW

L.W.(ßill)

L.W. (ßill) Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Thanks, I'll take another look. Usually when the harmonic ballancer goes bad you can feel a ridge where the rubber holds it all together. Might be a crack, dang hard to get the MK-1 eyeball in there.

Heh. Mebby my camera will fit! :)

Reply to
DougW