Starting problems...

I have a ,93 grand cherokee with a 4 liter I6, I've recently had problems starting it. when i turn the key on the check engine light does not illuminate, and it will not start, if the key is left on for 5-15 mins the light finally comes on accompanied by a clicking noise near the fuse block and the humming of the fuel pump, at this point it starts and runs normally, I have also noticed that temperature and moisture have no effect on it but if i immediately turn the key back to the on position it will start up,but if i leave it off for more than 5 seconds the problem starts all over again. Any ideas?

Reply to
paladin0917

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Same exact thing happened with mine just this last Friday. Went to a buddy of mine and he told me the same thing and told me how to fix it. I took my time making sure I could remember all the steps just in case and

3 hours later, it was fixed. (I told you I took my time.) Started right up when I was finished.
Reply to
LQQkIE YONDER

yea...not near as bad as i thought it would be, thanks.

Reply to
paladin0917

well, turned out not to be the ignition switch...now I'm really lost..

Reply to
paladin0917

How is the ground strap to the body? If that has failed, you can get your symptoms.

Mike

palad>

Reply to
Mike Romain

ground straps are good, I'm thinking the pcm is bad.

Reply to
paladin0917

The PCM's grounds are on the passenger side of the block near the oil dipstick. There will be a bunch of small black wires on a bolt.

I use a battery booster cable and run it from the battery negative to the body and to the engine to verify grounds.

Mike

palad>

Reply to
Mike Romain