Steelhorse "Targa" Style Top

I have a Steelhorse Targa (Style) Top on a 2000 Sahara with the factory half doors.

The problem is that the doors don't seal tight, making a ride on the highway at 55-75 mph deafening.

Any suggestions to fix this? I didn't have this problem with my '98 Sahara, but it had roll-up doors.

Regards,

Simpson

Reply to
N Simpson

L.W.(ßill)

Get the full doors.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

Are you stalking me?

Bling Bling! Can't hide money!

Simpson

Reply to
N Simpson

I feel for you, I bought a steel horse product too before I knew better. I have never heard of any of their products that actually worked or weren't defective. The tie down clips disintegrated the first time I put my bikini top on and I just thought I made it too tight until I saw a 'real' bikini top.

Mike

N Simps>

Reply to
Mike Romain

I'm not sure what the "Targa" style top looks like. But if the problem source is air suction pulling out the leading top corner of the soft top-halves of your doors, there is a low-tech solution a friend of mine used for awhile on his 2000 TJ: Go to the hardware store and buy a couple of heavy duty springs (you'll have to figure out the correct length your self) for each door (he used two springs on each door; one wasn't strong enough). Also, buy some sort of fasteners with large washers. You will make a hole in the soft door upper at the leading top corner, and put the fastener there, using the large washers to spread out the pressure. Then, with the door shut, you hook the springs to the door and to the sun visor attachment point. It holds in that leading edge and significantly quiets the ride. The one caveat: you MUST remember to unhook the springs before opening the door; you'll irreversably stretch them out the first time you forget (I had that problem when I rode in my friend's jeep, much to his annoyance).

Reply to
Bob

I just put my knee against the lower door and bent the upper so that it was "pushed" against the jam.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Hupe