Steering stops

Adjusted the steering stops today, well, one of them. The other sheared off, and it took a machine shop 2+ hours to drill it out and fit a helicoil. They commented that the steel was very hard indeed. On the bright side, they didn't charge a lot of money (47 quid + tax), and they are the best machine shop in Edinburgh.

Sometimes, I wish I lived somewhere where things don't rust !

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

When I rebuilt my rust bucket, I put antiseize on anything that should come apart later. It also acts like a rust stop and worked well!

Mike

Mike Romain

I'm with you on that one.

Dave Milne, Scotland