Strange 93 Cherokee starting problem

Have a 93 Cherokee 4.0 auto with a strange problem: Engines cold, It starts fine. If I drive it for 20 minutes or so, I can stop and restart it. If I drive for less than 20 minutes and stop it, will not restart until 10 minutes or so have elapsed. I hear clicks and lights, no cranking, unable to move shifting lever.

This has got me baffled, any ideas would be appreciated

Reply to
Monte Castleman

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

I would be checking out the connections on the starter solenoid or relay. On my old 88 these are located at the end of one of the battery positive cables right there on the fender.

Mike

Mike Romain