Subject : Pictures Please - Ford 351 - Ford351C - Ford351W - Repost

Repost:

Hi,

I am working on a new website

and need pictures of Ford 351 engines. I had a '72 Ford Torino with a 351C engine but no good engine pictures before restoration.

Specifically, I am looking for 351 C or 351 W engines. Pictures of a "Boss 351" or 351 engines factory installed in non-Ford cars (Pantera, Ski Nautique, Jeep) will be interesting.

Please help me find Ford 351 engine pictures. They must be your pictures; please do not mail me links or search suggestions. No pictures of your cars, boats or trucks.

Images to snipped-for-privacy@Ford351.com .

Thanks

Reply to
flrealbot

Ford 351 - Ford 351C - Ford 351W

Also known as "351 Cleveland", and "351 Windsor".

Ford 351

Produced by Ford Motor Company from 1969 through 1997, the Ford 351 cubic inch engine, also known as the "Ford 351W" or "Ford 351C" was a favorite V8 engine of the GM line. Appearing in such models as the Ford Mustang, Ford full size cars and trucks, Jeep-brand Wagoneer, and Ski Nautique ski boats, the Ford 351 also was the engine of choice for the mid-engine Pantera sports car in the 1970s.

Introduced in 1969, the 351 c.i. "Windsor" (351W) was rated between 250 and

290 stock horsepower with a 3.5 inch stroke in a 335 small block. In 1970, the 351 "Cleveland" (351C) was introduced primarily for the Ford Mustang. The majority of 351 Cleveland engines are 2 barrel carburetor versions with low compression, although the rare "Boss 351C", produced only in 1971, was rated at 330 base horsepower. At the end of the 1974 model year, Ford ceased production of the 351C "Cleveland" design at the Cleveland, Ohio plant. Production of the immensely popular 351W "Windsor" continued until 1997 when the Windsor, Ontario plant was closed.

These motors are not, and never have been, known as "or." They are completely different designs, differing in many ways, most notably the physical size differences. Except for the displacement -- 351 cubic inches -- there is nothing similar about them. They are not interchangable in most applications, however I'd be teh first to admit that with enough fabrication skills one could interchange anything.

I was not aware the the Ford 351C was a favorite of the GM line. Could you provide any citation where GM used Ford power plants?

Good luck with your Website.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

This paragraph smacks of Bill Hughes.

Reply to
CobraJet

This that little coward: richie a brown, I chased out of 1871 S Meridian Rd, Apache Junction, Arizona up to Denver, Colorado. If he was correct, he'd know I'm into big blocks, 400" in my Jeep:

462" in my Seven:
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

You chased me? How can you do that in your poopy diapers?

351's are not Big Blocks, hence your stupidity, hence the stupid paragraph sounding like you.

If that's a 400 Chevy, it's a small block. Dipshit. Somehow I don't think it's a 400 Ford.

You have a Lincoln engine in your T-Bird?

I woulda thought somebody carted you off to a nuthouse by now.

Reply to
CobraJet

You're an idiot, who said anything about a 351 being a big block!!!!!!!!! Yes. Now coward, crawl back under a rock! God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I see your psychosis is progressing. They should be taking you away any day now.

Reply to
CobraJet

alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury:44137

Reply to