Suspension Lift Question ('87 YJ Jeep) from a newbie

I am looking at installing a 2.5 " SkyJacker lift kit (Quadratec 16017

101) My main questions are: do I need to worry about the break lines, Steering Column or anything else that a lift causes you to change?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!

Reply to
MiplacedJeep

Yes.

No issues with the steering column, that only happens with a body lift.

The rear 'rubber' brake line can be too short. You can easily extend the bracket for it.

The front rubber lines can be too short too, depending. The brackets for them can be moved down as well.

If you jack it up by the frame and let the wheels hang, it will give you an idea if the brake lines will be ok or if they need moving or replacing. (some folks by expensive extended brake lines for this, I just moved brackets on mine.)

The stock Jeep shocks will be too short for sure.

Otherwise no real issues.

Mike

MiplacedJeep wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Also consider T-Case drop kit for possible driveline vibrations. Also extension brackets for the front and rear trackbars.

Scott

91YJ
Reply to
reconair