TDS Safari next weekend...

...anyone going?

(Tierra Del Sol 4x4 Club Safari, near, but not AT Truckhaven (Salton Sea) this year.)

noneofyourbusiness

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I'm *NOT* the only one in this group living in SoCal, right?? (I remember SOMEONE had their address in thier sig line, and they were less than 5 minutes away by streets...)

noneofyourbusiness

I wish I still lived in San Diego. I used to love to wheel with the TDS group. I got to be pretty good friend with the Holdens. Always great people. I'll drink a beer in honor of TDS this weekend. (OK so I drink beer every weekend but now I have another excuse.) I might ave to find a mud hole here in Rude Island to commemorate.

Reply to
Rich

Hey Rich, Seeing as how you live in RI, I have an OT question. I'm looking at Johnson & Wales in Providence for culinary school - how's the wheelin' around there? I'm ok with a little travel, and my uncle has a large property in the middle of NH, but is there anything close by for quick trips? This could make or break my decision, so any info would help.

Rich wrote:

Reply to
The Merg

From where I live ..... Woodland Hills IIRC. I might be thinking of someone in a Toyota group though :/

BTW, sounds like you've been to Ocotillo Wells? What's it like?

noneofyourbusiness

There are some spots to wheel in the area but they are in the northern part of the state. Since Rude Island is such a huge state, an afternoon of offroading is not out of the question. I understand your desire to wheel, I miss the good stuff out west, but if you have the opportunity to go to Johnson and Wales, take it. I'm sure you know their reputation. If you get out here let me know, we can hook up and I'll show you some spots. I work with a couple guys who also wheel, we can make a round Rude Island offroad weekend or day. There is also a good jeep club in the area called Patriots jeep club. Good bunch of folks and they have some great runs in the area too. Your relative is in a great area for offroading. I personally don't know of anywhere up there, but if you find out let me know, I love that area up there.

PS I call it Rude Island but its not that bad... Just the people.

Reply to
Rich

Thanks for the reply, that sounds about what I was expecting. I'm just hoping for a few good trails to play around on every once in a while. My uncle has a cabin (complete with outhouse!) on about 150 acres near Wentworth, NH:

haven't been up there since I got into wheeling, but I know there are a lot of snowmobile trails and the like, so there have to be some good 4x4 trails, too.

Reply to
The Merg
Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III