Temp sending unit connected to body lift?

I have a buddy that put a 3" body lift on his wrangler and the same time his temp gauge quit working. When I bought mine it also had a 3" body lift and the temp gauge didn't work. I have a new sending unit on order. My friend already put a new one in his and it didn't fix the gauge. Does any one have any idea if there might be a connection to a body lift and the temp gauge not working?

Reply to
David F.

On 4.2L, there is a predefined distance where the sender has to be in relation to the body in order to maintain the required flux density of the semiconductor element within.... well anyway, I tried...

Coincidence... no connection.

I replaced my sender when I first got my CJ, it worked for a while then broke again... I think it's just junk. I put an after market unit in with a gauge and real numbers.

BTW, I too, have a body lift... LOL :-)

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I dated a girl that looked like she had a body lift....I think it was just the top that was lifted. Impressive looking, but not as great when you get her home!

Reply to
SB

The temperature guage is a precision instrument that works only when it is a precise distance from the ground unter the vehicle. You may have noticed that when you hit a small bump, the temp guage may momentarily show an incorrect value. You may also note that when your girlfriend's overweight momma sits in the vehicle, the guage may also show the wrong value. Both of these are due to the small perturbations in the distance between the sensor and the earth under the vehicle that serves as the scientifically mandatory reference point for measuring temperature. The effect is most obvious when the vehicle is upside down.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11