Thanks and how do you do...

Hello all, I posted a few weeks ago to get some advice on purchasing a 91 XJ that I was not able to drive (not registered, no tags... ick!). Well, since there was nothing that I could do to drive it legally, I passed on it. But reading the various posts on this forum has given me a vast ammount on information to use in purchasing an XJ. I decided that this is the vehicle that I want due to it's durability, cargo capacity, and ease to work on.

Well, I found myself a pretty good deal on an XJ that is a little more suited for me (5spd, 2wd with the I6). I picked up a 93 XJ for really cheap. It isn't going to win any beauty contests, but it runs strong and steady. I'm in the middle of nursing it back to full heath (all fluids, ignition, gaskets, etc) and so far I am extremely pleased with it. I also lucked out in finding a fellow in town that has two donor XJ's that I'm going to go vulture this weekend (still won't be a final runner up in beauty contest, but I like having an ugly truck, lol). Just wanted to say thanks, and I'll more than likely be back soon with some questions for you fine folks. I'm snapping pics of this thing as I go and once it looks like I've made some progress, I might throw some on the net, but that's all in the future...

In the mean time, I just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for the info, a hearty thanks for the advice for those that replied to me, and here's something to ponder on about oil and additives...

I found this extremely facinating.... and the forums there hold a good deal of info and such, like this one that I found useful as well:

take a look at em, I'm not saying that it's verbatim truth or anything, but it's handy info and gives some good reference material. I know I was thinking of grabbing some additives for my new beast, but this made me think twice.

Have a good one!! ~J

Reply to
Jay