The "Joshua Nelson" Story - VOL.2

CHAPTER TWO:

A crescent sun etched it's fiery edge over the horizon, dousing Moab with it's golden warmth over the campsite. As the Jeepers arise from their lairs, a lone Jeeper sits indian style by a dark brown object.

twaldron: "Joshie, didn't you get any sleep?"

Joshie: "No. See? Look! It's got ice crystals on it. It's ice cream."

Jeepers: "No, Josh. The desert just gets really cold at night, it's dog sh_" (INTERRUPTED)

A JEEPER RUNS UP.

Kevin Sperle: "Hey! Some of the guys found Harry B. in a cave!"

THE JEEPERS CONVENE AROUND THE CAVE'S OPENING

DougW: "Wow! The great Harry Brosofsky!"

travis: "Who's Harry Brosofsky?"

Jbjeep: "He's mummified? Yuck!"

Lon Stowell: "Like a creamsicle!"

Joshie: "Oooh, you're making me hungry again."

Jerry Bransford: "Now that's shit!"

Joshie: "See, and it doesn't even look like that ice cream! Told ya!" (sighs) "The inventor of square wheels..."

Group: "WHAT??"

Joshie: "Yes, all CJs had square wheels."

Group: "What kind of...? (interrupted)

TJim: "Still sitting in his 97 TJ."

L.W. "Bill" Hughes: "If he'd of had a REAL JEEP, this wouldn't have happened!"

"Not only that, in kalifornia, we never had enough fossil energy to sell kumquats. Damn Texans. Jerry Bransford: "I knew those heim joints would never last!"

JUST OUTSIDE THE CAVE, A WHIMPER IS HEARD. THE GROUP STARES AS A MANGY DINGO TROTS UP TO THE CRUSTY PILE. THE DOG SNIFFS AND CIRCLES AROUND THE LUMP. STOPPING, HE ARCHES HIS HAUNCHES AND RELEASES A LARGE STEAMING BROWN TORPEDO. AS IT COILS ON THE GROUND THE GROUP MURMURS.

twaldron: "Well, Einstein, there's your proof."

Joshie: "What? An ice cream vendor??"

Jeff Strickland: "Oh, c'mon! What else do you need??"

Earle Horton: "Let me take a look at this. We had a similar problem at Microsoft. Did you guys know I worked there? Billy G. and I solved it. Lesse....yep, same problem. Only we called it Windows 98. Hey! have you guys seen my 1099 yet???"

Joshie: "Where's Nathan, show him!"

tyler dirden: "He went to go play with Mike and his "Dingy".

Group: "EW!!!"

Kevin in San Diego: "NO!! He's over the hill, stacking rocks."

JimG: "STACKING ROCKS??!! He drives a RUBICON! Tell him he doesn't need to stack ROCKS under his wheels!!"

Mike Romain: "He's not, he's stacking them in his seat so he can see over the steering wheel..."

Group: "oh..."

(...to be continued...)

Reply to
twaldron

Heh, you have a talent for this kind of stuff... and a long damned memory. ;)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

ROFLMFAO

Chris

BUWHAHAHA! now thats original!

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Ow! Ow! Stop!! My side hurts!!! ROF holding side...

Hey, Wait a minute... 'TJim: "Still sitting in his 97 TJ."'?

What kind of a line is that?!? Jeez!! Don't I even get a decent line??

Reply to
TJim

Really! Harry B.! Holy cow! There's a name we haven't uttered in a while...

Reply to
TJim

Approximately 10/17/03 07:38, twaldron uttered for posterity:

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
twaldron

Oh.

OK.

Thanks.

I like it!

STILL sitting in his 97 TJ. Still SITTING in his 97 TJ! Still sitting in HIS 97 TJ? Still sitting in his 97 TJ...

I'm going to be a STAR!!!! Wheeeee!!!!

Reply to
TJim

Actually you're wrong. "it's" is a contraction. "its" is a possessive, just like "his" and "hers".

Reply to
TJim

bob z. wants to be a star, too.

8~)>

-- bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

Just a technicality here, but it's is a contraction of it is, its is possessive.

On the other hand, you have created the situation, and if you WANT to say it's possessive, what choice do we have?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Do you know what a crescent sun is? With a crescent sun, the only thing dousing Moab is shadows:

-Brian (also with nothing better to do)

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Approximately 10/17/03 12:04, Cherokee-LTD uttered for posterity:

I think he means the sun is rising from over Crescent Junction. Which is still wrong, but more poetic if a gas station out in the middle of nowhere can be deemed poetic.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Hey, we're *all* stars! We've been published! When do the checks start rolling in? :-D

Reply to
TJim

I thought that was "Conjunction Junction" (what's your function?). :-)

Reply to
TJim

Where's attnews in all this? "If he had been driving an AMC-built jeep, Harry would have a more fitting memorial than the Krysler Krap he is entombed in now..."

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

hooking up words and phrases and clauses :-)

Reply to
Nathan Collier

twaldron did pass the time by typing:

Can't wait for the movie! :D