throttle position sensor

hi,

i have a 2003 grand cherokee laredo. I orders a new Throttle position sensor but I cant find on the throttle body to replace it!

is it on the throttle body in the back closest to the firewall? I read where it should be on the right of the throttle bod, but all i see in the M.A. P. sensor

HELP

Thanks

Jim

Reply to
oldworld

When you install the TPS sensor make sure the tangs and shaft are lined up. It will be under a little tension when installed. Prior to starting the engine, move the throttle plate full open/closed and check for any binding. If it binds then the TPS sensor isn't in correctly.

Also before starting the engine, turn the ignition on then slowly run the throttle plate back and forth between full open and closed. Stopping for a few seconds at full open and full closed. That speeds up the computer learning the new TPS.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
philthy