Thunk sound

On my way in tthis morning, there was an audible and felt THUNK THUNK whenever I hit a bump. The noise seems to be coming from the left side almost under or slightly forward of my clutch foot. I crawled under looking for chunks of ice or packed snow in the spring or around the shocks, but found nothing. Any ideas?

Reply to
chrisd

Year, model, suspension mods? As Dr Evil so eloquently put it..."Need the info! Throw me a friggin bone here!"

:-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Whooops....97 tj sport no suspension upgrades or changes yet...bone stock....no friggin laser beams either.

Reply to
chrisd

Whooops....97 tj sport no suspension upgrades or changes yet...bone stock....no friggin laser beams either.

Reply to
chrisd

snipped-for-privacy@rundle-spence.com did pass the time by typing:

Possibly sway bar mounts, bushings, etc. Check for cracks like these.

worn bushings.

Reply to
DougW

Check your exhaust ...I have a similar problem right now in my Corolla and it turns out it is a muffler clamp and when I hit any bumps it thuds. It also gets louder depending on my speed/amount of gas due to vibrations.

Reply to
griffin

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

In addition to suggestions on sway bar brackets and motor mounts, take a close look at your sway bar links (vertical bar on each side connecting axle to sway bar). These do wear out after a while and will start clunking. If it's none of the above, look for worn control arm bushings, loose track bar bracket, or broken shock mount.

Steve

snipped-for-privacy@rundle-spence.com wrote:

Reply to
Steve