Time for a clutch????

I have a 2002 tj 6cyl on BFG 33x12.50's Still has the stock gears

3:07's I believe. It has about 30,000 miles on it and after playing yesterday I noticed a very bad clutch smell. It was present the entite time (2 hours) we were riding.

I know what your thinking, I need gears. True, I want 4:56's, but cant afford them yet. I have been running the same setup for the past

29,000 miles and never smelled my clutch like that before. Could it be that the tires have reduced my clutch life already?

Anyway, I would like to hear from some folks that have replaced thier TJ clutches. I want to make sure that I get the right clutch. However, I dont want to go so heavy duty that my leg cramps after every ride from having to apply so much pedal presure to disengage the clutch.

Due to the amazing amount of noise coming from my throw out bearing, the dealer claims to have replaced it once already. Is this a sign of bigger problems, or is it typical of TJ's to sound like a diesel when idleing with the clutch out.

Thanks for the advice

Reply to
Dave