Time for body tub replacement

Well, it's 20 years old next month, and the time has arrived for a fiberglass replacement body tub. Two decades of Ohio winters have taken a serious toll. I've had to relocate the seat belt anchors, and I've patched the floor several times in a futile effort to keep water out. So....

My plan is to replace the tub and hood for sure, and maybe the fenders too, but I haven't made up my mind about them yet.

I would like to be able to use my (original) soft and hard tops, and steel doors.

Recommendations anyone?

Anyone?

Reply to
Dale Beckett

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I bought a 'glass tub and one piece front clip locally here in Ontario Canada.

The gent did an excellent job. All my hard doors and top fit pretty much perfect. My Chrome Laredo grill insert even fit the front clip.

It has diamond plat sandwiched in the firewall where the steering and brakes go and it has 1" plywood sandwiched between the inner and outer shell. Pretty strong. I have rolled it once and only cracked the glued seam where the firewall joins the floor.

The only real complaint is a lot of bubbles under the gel coat, but I did ask for the raw tub, not the blocked and filled version so I got what I asked for. It is a 6 footer. I haven't touched it and any spots are really hard to spot unless you get right up close and know where to look even 5 years later.

I love the front flip front. It swing up on the stock hinges so I can just sit on the tire to change spark plugs or work on the carb.

I would buy another from him for sure.

Mike

Dale Beckett wrote:

Reply to