Timing Chain Questions

Well I went and took the timing chain cover off and noticed that the tensioner was unlocked and the chain, altho it sure looks new, has quite a bit of slack (.5-1" when there is no built up pressure) even when it is locked. I'm guessing it's a good idea to replace the chain as it might have been the source of my problems? Also, the sprockets are razor sharp ...I've heard that they should be somewhat dull. Should I replace them as well? Any tips or tricks for this next step? Thanks!

Reply to
griffin

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III