Tips on taking off fender flares?

'99 TJ Sport

I'm about to replace the stock flares with some 7" ones. The local Jeep shop here says that getting the back ones off can be hell and he charges a few hours labour for it. I'd like to do this myself but I've noticed some of the bolts just disappear into the body. Any tips on how to do this as easy as possible without damaging either the body or the stock flares? Thanks!

Reply to
griffin

Ya so I got the front ones off easy enough and then found out the "hell" the Jeep guy was talking about. How do you get the rear ones off?!?! The nut is located in some mystery chasm hidden in the body somewhere. Do I have to cut these off and live with the sound of 20 nuts clanging around inside the body once they drop off or can I get at them somehow?

Reply to
griffin

NO! You? Never....

-jenn