tire fit

Jeep Cherokee Sport, 1999, with 225/75/15 tires. I was wondering if

235/75/15 tires will fit OK and if they will do any harm, etc. Thanks.
Reply to
carson

They will change your speedometer a bit, but our spedo checks out exact with my GPS and 235's.

You also 'might' get a tag on the inside fender at full turn. Ours only tags one way, the other way is fine.

There are steering stop bolts that can be removed and a washer or two inserted under them to stop this. It is a quick fix, but I just haven't bothered. If the tread hits, I just back off the wheel a bit, it isn't that bad on ours.

Mike

cars>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
Wildman

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I disagree, the 75's have better winter traction and they still will tag the fenders on full turn.

Putting 70's on will cut the steering radius down way too much unless you get a different off set rim to go with them.

Mike

Wildman wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain