Titanium Brush Guard?

Is a titanium brush guard as good/better than stainless steel? It's powder-coated, if that makes any difference. The guy here says it's stronger but will it last as long? Will it lose it's appearance, etc?

Thanks!

Reply to
griffin

Its a lot lighter. I don't know if it stronger.

What is the cost?

Reply to
Ken

About $250 CDN new here. The Stainless Steel ones are like $400. I can't figure it out ...

Reply to
griffin

Make sure you aren't buying a steel brush guard that is powdercoated with a titanium colored powder. This is a pretty common way to make brush guards. I'm not sure if I've ever seen one actually made out of titanium, and it would no doubt cost much more than the stainless one. Titanium tubing is very expensive and quite difficult to weld.

Chris

I agree!

There are some sleaze ball Jeep shops out there that take big advantage over people that don't know any better!

Mike

c wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Ah, you guys are probably right. I know from the fact that titanium bikes are $4000+ that something didn't seem right. I couldn't see how titanium would ever be cheaper than SS.

Thanks!

Reply to
griffin

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Titanium melts at 1668 and medium carbon Steel around 1482 deg C.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Titanium is none magnetic. If a magnet sticks it's steel, if it doesn't it could be stainless(real heavy) or titanium(much lighter). Tqm

Reply to
Tqm