TJ Codes

Hello everyone,

another question... how do I read the engine check codes on my 97 TJ? I tried the odometer thing (ON OFF ON OFF ON) but nothing came up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again, Joe.

L.W.(ßill)

Thanks Bill!

I just did that and after a couple of tries I got it right... It displayed the codes 12 and 55. Now I'm going to try and find out what they mean...

Cheers, Giuseppe.

This the info I got for code 12:

"Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 Key-on cycles."

Is this accurate? Also what does this mean? What's a PCM?

Thanks again, Joe.

55 means there are no more codes.

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I think it means Primary Control Module, or similar. Basically, it is The Computer.

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

J did pass the time by typing:

12 = your battery has been disconnected within the past 50 or so starts. 55 = end of codes

12 is normal to see. When 12 is followed by a bunch of other codes the first thing to check is the battery connections.

Reply to
DougW