TJ Door Handle

Hello All- Need some help. I have a '99 TJ with half doors. Last night, I went to open the door from the inside and heard a Pop! and the door wouldn't open. The door opens with the outside handle, the locking mechanism works, and the interior handle still has spring tension, it just doesn't open the latch. Any ideas on what went wrong and what's involved to fix it before I take the door apart? TIA- Carl

Reply to
Carl Graham

L.W.(ßill)

Thanks for the picture Bill, but I have the half doors (no windows). Is there a picture for the half door panel? Hopefully I won't need a special tool to get the panel off. Carl

Reply to
Carl Graham

How do you get that clip on the handle off ? And will any Jeep Parts desk know what I mean when I ask for a "Special Tool C-4829" ?

Andrew

Reply to
reply

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

snipped-for-privacy@grouponly.com did pass the time by typing:

Autozone, Napa, Pepboys, Canadian Tire, Sears, ..etc..

Sometimes you can get it with a flat metal ruler.

Reply to
DougW

Nice web-page except for the ratio of grandkid photos(4million bazillion) to Jeep photos( 1 only) needs adjustment.

Thx!

Andrew

Reply to
reply

Not resisting... Bob Stools dot com. What kind of poop is that? Only kidding.............. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Half door panels are not overly difficult to remove, I took mine off when I got the half doors (on Ebay, several years ago, pretty sure they weren't hot) b/c I wanted to paint the spice panels flat black to match my interior. IIRC, removed the screw holding the door handle in, maybe a couple more, and just unsnapped it from the door. Once it's off, you'll see where the linkage came loose and then pop the linkage back where it goes.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo