TJ Drive Shaft??

I had the severe problems from a squealing front driveshaft/Cardan joint...The dealer finally replaced them under warranty.....A day later I was on some serious rock terrain, banging about a bit... and the damn manual stick kept popping out of gear in 4 low...not jus when bangin' about, even on a slow crawl.... a friend said that only happens when you have a lift...I have NO lift... Stock 2003 TJ Sport covered with skid plates and 31 muds... I also noticed I've been having problems putting it in 3rd gear while street driving...

Is it possible that they forgot to adjust something??? my transmission mounts apear to be fine... I'm just not sure that I did something on the rocks (coincidense) or if it come outta service this way?? Whatcha think???

TIA, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I would guess you have broken a mount. Most likely the main tranny mount, but a broken engine mount can do that too.

That or the body has slipped back on the mounts.....

Mike

Jeff wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I made an appt. at the dealer for Monday...I really hope that it is not something I broke.... they already hate me at the dealership... Jeff '03 TJ

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Could also be that plastic console doing it. Friend of mine had a similar problem in winter...that's below the freezing point of water, Bill, something you're probably not too familiar with ;-) Anyway, he determined the stock shift boot was getting so stiff in the cold it would pop the tranny out of gear. He replaced the stock shift boot with a universal fit leather one. No problems since...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III