TJ Fuse Block Contacts - where to get?

I am trying to run a 12v power connection to the back of my TJ. I've got some empty spaces in the fuse block behind the glove box and thought that might be a good place to fuse the line and get access to 12v directly (not switched through the ignition). However, the empty locations in the fuse block do not have both contacts. Anybody know of a source where I can get the missing contacts? JELo '02TJ Sport

Reply to
JELo

I would just run a wire from the + on the battery, and put an aftermarket fuse panel in the rear for any power options you might want to add in the future. .. winch.. lights.. etc. Be sure to use a gauge wire suitable for your application.. IE .. not 20 gauge for a winch..

:)

Billy

Reply to
Billy Tolcher

Certainly an option. I just thought using empty slots in the existing fuse box might be a cleaner solution.

Yes - have BSEE, understand wire gauge vs current carrying capacity. JELo '02 TJ Sport

Reply to
JELo

Yeah.. IMO, if you have 1 wire.. then yes.. it is a better solution. But in the future, if you intend to add several other electical devices... I would prepare for growth.

Now I know who to ask about specifics then.. ;)

Billy

Reply to
Billy Tolcher

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Yes, the auto electrical wiring is a bit of a tangled mess but electronics is my business, all be it not auto electronics though. It has taken a while of sorting through the wiring diagrams in the service manual to decipher what is connected to what but I have a pretty good handle on at least the part of it I need to deal with. I actually figured out that if I wanted to, I could move the existing lighter connection at the fuse box over one slot and get an always available power point (it currently only works with the key in ACC or RUN), then I might tap off that for the remote. But having a separate fused circuit for the remote is really a better idea and would actually be easier. I have done this type of thing with other vehicles and it is not that big of a deal when you have the schematics. What I need is the contacts that snap into the empty slots in the fuse box. Maybe I should be looking for a wrecked one at the junk yard to pull parts from. Thanks for the reply, JELo

Reply to
JELo