TJ Mirror Question

Is there any way to tighten the mirror flex points on the stock mirrors on a '98 TJ? Every time the door closes on my Jeep, I have to adjust the mirror. The passenger side isn't quite as bad, but it still has the problem. Is there a tension adjuster or something in the mirror bracket that I've missed? Thanks for any help that can be offered.

----------------------------------- Mike Polo snipped-for-privacy@communitytheater.org Community Theater Green Room

Mike Polo

Yes ... there should be a nut up under the mirror that can be tightened ...

Reply to
Morrissey

Let me guess...you have half doors? My half door mirrors are always getting knocked out of adjustment when closing the door...I think it's because the doors flex more when being slammed shut than the full doors, which seem to never need adjusting...

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Pull the mirrors, sell them, and put on CJ-style mirrors.

TJim