TJ power steering leak

My '02 TJ started leaking power steering fluid recently. It seems like the leak is coming from the top seal of the steering gear box.

The local auto parts store has a few brands of regular power steering fluid, and a couple brands of power steering fluid with the leak preventer/seal conditioner already in it.

Does anybody have any recommendations (good or bad) for using the power steering fluid with the stop leak already added?

Tom

Reply to
mabar

mabar did pass the time by typing:

Your better off fixing the leak than putting crud into the system.

Still under warranty?

Reply to
DougW

It's out of warranty now with about 40,700 miles.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

How long is the warranty? I forgot they replaced my tranny & it was 1000mi over the warranty.

Reply to
Carlo

My 01TJ just started leaking in the same area.

78,000Km > It's out of warranty now with about 40,700 miles.
Reply to
FrankW
3 years/36000 miles

Reply to