TJ Tail gate vents question

Anyone know what year they started putting the vents in the tailgate?

I just had my 97 TJ repaired after being rear-ended by a Mercury Mountianeer. It just bent the tail gate a little. You should have seen the Mountianeer!

Anyway, they replaced the tailgate with a new one. It has vents on the inside and one vent on the outside hidden behind the spare. Just wondering when they started this?

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
Mark Burns

twaldron

Wouldn't that make it that much harder to inflate your soft top on the highway with the vent blower?

Reply to
TJim

Doesn't affect it at all... FWIW, they moved the vents to the rear door from the hard top. td

Reply to
Tyler Dirden

Actually, I've noticed it does make it harder to inflate the soft top. So, I may cover these "new & improved" vents.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Burns