TJ vs YJ oil filters

Hi, I recently traded my YJ for a TJ and have a couple YJ Carquest oil filters (85626) that should have gone with the YJ but didn't. In looking at a TJ filter that I just bought Carquest (85085) I see that the dimensions are identical. Is there any reason I should not use the YJ filters on my TJ? Thanks, Al __ Arold "Al" Green

Reply to
Arold "Al" Green

Pre-91 YJs had a different thread fitting (M20x1.5) than the newer ones (3/4-16 UNF), although the external dimensions of the filter were the same. From 91 and after, 2.5 L and 4.0L engines use the same filter (YJ and TJ).

-- Bill Spiliotopoulos, '96 XJ, '06 TJ.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos

Thanks Bill, appreciate the answer. Al __ Arold "Al" Green

Reply to
Arold "Al" Green

What year was your YJ you traded in?? And what is the year of the TJ you replaced it with?? Thanks Jamie

Reply to
Jamie Mello

YJ was a 1990, TJ is a 1998 __ Arold "Al" Green

Reply to
Arold "Al" Green