TJ98 Electrical Fault

Lo Jeeps,

Trying to get a handle on a "intermittent" electrical fault on starting my 98 TJ Wrangler. From cold she starts but the Radio, windscreen wippers and indicators are dead, more interesting if I turn off the engine and put the key in the its first position they all work. With persistantance or time running the electrical fault goes away.

I've checked the fuses and the obvious wires (steering column) but no joy.

I don't suppose anyone has seen anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Unkown to Xnntp

Maybe the recall or maybe a bad ignition switch.

Here is the recall info:

Recall 99V117000: Instrument Panel Ground Screws Loose

The left side and right side instrument panel wiring ground attachment screws could loosen over time. If the left side screw loosens, the instrument panel gauges may not function when the headlamps are turned on. If the right side screw loosens, the defroster blower motor may not function.

Dealers will remove the ground screws, drill a new pilot hole adjacent to the original hole, and the screws will be reinstalled in the new holes.

Owner notification began May 31, 1999. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chrysler at 1-800-992-1997. Also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

Mike

Mike Romain

probably need an ignition switch cheap and easy fix

Reply to
Jeeper