Torn gease boot

While working under my '01 TJ, I noticed that the dust boot is torn where the drag-link attaches to the pitman arm. I figure that I should replace this before too long. I didn't find anything on this in the FSM. Anyone replaced one? How hard is it to pop the drag-link bolt out of the pitman arm? Source of a new boot (dealership)?

Anyone been able to get into the Jeeps Unlimited site lately?

Art

Reply to
Art

It shouldn't be too hard to pop the drag-link bolt out. Get the special tool or hit the side of the pitman arm, where the drag link goes through it, a few times. You can get a new boot by buying a new drag link or drag link end. As for the boots, try looking for "Prothane Tie Rod Boots" in Yahoo! Shopping or your favorite Internet shopping place. I don't know where you can get OEM boots without buying the drag link itself.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Autozone sells polyurathane boots. I bought them for a 95 YJ but they are probably the same size.

Art wrote:

Reply to
nrs