Track Bar ?

I put this in another post about my track bar! I inspected it the other day and found the bolts were loose along with the rear shocks....which would probably be the cause of the severe death wobble. I swear that bar is out of alinement. I took several measurements and found that the passenger side sticks out 1/4 more than the drivers. My dad said the bushings might be worn out....so I took the bar off and they look good....now back in ya go! Well that's what I thought....now the bolt holes don't line up. I can get one side in but not the other....lol i'm about 1/4 short. Whats up with this...any ideas? I didn't think these bars were adjustable...and it would be pretty hard for the axle to move around much.

Brian

88 YJ
Reply to
Wranglerjeep1

Sometimes if you turn your steering wheel it will line the axle up with the trackbar bolt holes... Nick

Reply to
Nick N

Leave it off. Your Jeep will flex better offroad, and the ride is less harsh onroad. I finally pulled mine off last weekend, and the difference is nothing short of amazing.

Rob Tucson, AZ

Reply to
Rob Bottom

Ditto. I've had mine off for 13 years without a problem. Jim

88 Grand Wagoneer 89 Wrangler 00 Grand Cherokee
Reply to
Jim Boucher

Jim. On your YJ or your Waggy? My Waggy is bone stock right now, but I plan on starting mods soon. I want it to be a competent trail vehicle as well as a daily driver.

98 TJ SE 90 SJ GW
Reply to
TJim

My YJ track bars have been removed. Jim

88 Grand Wagoneer 89 Wrangler 00 Grand Cherokee
Reply to
Jim Boucher

I got it back in....and its the rear track bar! I just used a jack to lift one side....causing the bar to move over. I should have figured that out the other night....but with humidity so damn high, no wind and 90 degree temps...I get a lil bent lol.

Brian

88 YJ
Reply to
Wranglerjeep1

I just removed my rear almost 7 yrs ago (snapped the axle side mount on a trail. Havent had it back on since, have had the front track bar off for the past 4 yrs, dont notice any difference at all on road.. the axle is located by the leafsprings anyhow.

Wranglerjeep1 wrote:

Reply to
The Jeepman

I wonder sometimes why a leaf-sprung axle needs a track bar...there's one on the front axle of my '02 Ford Superduty as well, maybe it has do do with the softness of the stock springs...a more compliant spring may exhibit more lateral movement.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I donno...I was able to make mine move quite a bit (probably 1/2 inch either way). I can see where a lifted rig on the trail could be hindered by it......but on pavement going around corners would be a different story.

Brian

88 YJ
Reply to
Wranglerjeep1