Trailer Hitch Hookup

I have a stock '99 Cherokee Sport 4.0. It has a trailer hitch already installed (the larger one, I don't think it's factory either) but it has no electrical hookup for the trailer. (got it used, soccer-mom must have used it for a bike rack LOL ) are there some pre installed hookups somewhere under the hood that a person could hook up/plug-in towing electrical connections? or do I have to take it to one of those trailer places (ie. U-Haul) and pay someone to do it for me?

Reply to
Bishoff

I went to Northern Tool and found a connector for my Cherokee that worked great. Had to remove a panel in the back which gave access to the cables going to the rear lights. There is a connector that joins the cars wiring harness to the wires going to the lights. All I had to do was unplug that connector, plug the connector for the trailer lights into it, and plug the other connector into that.

Clean, neat, and simple, the instructions were on the package, it cost something like $20.

Jeff DeWitt

Bishoff wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

The wiring connector on that model is located behind the spare tire mount.

It is a simple plug-n-play setup.

Reply to
billy ray

I picked up a part from the local parts store and put it in my car. It took about 20 minutes and works just great.

Reply to
YouGoFirst

Reply to
RoyJ