Trailer to tow a motorcycle

I'm getting ready to take a long road trip in a couple of weeks and would like to take my motorcycle. I'm going to be at that location for a month, and riding the bike around on the weekends would be great. I'm not sure what size/type of trailer to use though. I know, some of you are saying "what does this have to do with Jeeps, take it somewhere else!". But my question is geared toward my TJ, not the bike.

Since I have a 4cyl, weight is going to be an issue. What type of trailer should I buy? Longer, shorter? I recall someone saying something about a longer tongue length. My bike is about 400lbs or so, so the trailer couldn't weigh much more than that.

Also, I have a 2" spacer lift, if that should be taken into consideration. Thanks guys!

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Check out the carrier system that uses the hitch in place of a trailer. URL is

Larry

Reply to
Larry Greenwood